This is one of the most fascinating interviews I’ve done. I’m not really into super high end fashion and I’ve not really understood it until this interview. I talk to Paul Vasileff, who founded Paolo Sebastian, a Couture Atelier that has collaborated with Disney and dressed the likes of Heidi Klum, Poppy Delevingne, Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian ….you get the picture. His work is stunning.
In this interview, Paul and I discuss:
- If you bring your client’s DREAM TO LIFE, then they will travel from the other side of the world to buy from you.
- To be the very best in your field, PERFECTION may well be the pursuit that will take you there.
- When there is NO PRECEDENT for your business idea, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t give it a try.
- How to move from being a SOLOPRENEUR, to hiring your first employee….and how to make this work if you’re a perfectionist.
- If you’re in Year 12, think hard about your research project….it may just launch you into an international career working with the stars!
Even if you’re from a different industry, the challenges Paul faced, the drive for perfection and the elements of learning to run a business will resonate with many people.
If you want to find out more about Paul, and Paolo Sebastian, I’ve got some amazing photos and info in the show notes and on our website. www.theselfmadetheory.com.
Until next time….keep INNOVATING, OVERCOMING and PROSPERING
Contact details for Paul and Paolo Sebastian
Instagram: @paul_vasileff @paolo_sebastian