In this episode, I interview Jim Whalley, who has been appointed as the Chief Entrepreneur for South Australia. Now, while it might seem strange to interview a Govt employee for a show that’s all about Founders, Entrepreneurs and Great Business people, Jim just doesn’t fit the mould of what many might consider a typical Govt Employee.
1. He isn’t PAID! It’s a volunteer position
2. He has a track record in building a successful business
3. If you look at his photos on my website, and his background, you might see him as a bit of a cross between Tom Cruise and Richard Branson
4. He’s no slow-moving bureaucrat. He’s a make it happen kind-of-guy.
Beyond this, we discuss some important & interesting topics like:
1. Executing & planning business is not dissimilar to a FIGHTER JET MISSION ….you have to observe–orient–decide–act
2. That EXPERIMENTATION is a much better word to use than FAILURE
3. The first ever Visa Scheme designed to attract Entrepreneurs to Australia
4. DODGY OPERATORS are on notice! There is no place for you in the SA Entrepreneurial community.
A big thanks to Steven Marshall and the Government for putting the investment they have into the SA Entrepreneurial community.
Until next time….keep INNOVATING, OVERCOMING and PROSPERING
#oodaloop #fighterjet #fighterpilot #flighttest #lotfourteen #innovationaus #southaustralia #adelaide #innovation #entrepreneur #StartupAus #theselfmadetheory #startupADL #FIXE #innovateovercomeprosper